12 May 2010

I am human.

I can be baited.

I realized this tonight as I was browsing a forum I frequent that is dedicated to "literature". Usually full of sardonic and pointless posts, I saw a thread about one of my favourite authors, Haruki Murakami. Expecting loads of comments that would validate my already grim feelings about humanity, I was somewhat surprised to see some praise for his work. Of course, I had forgotten that hipsters like him (which is easy to do, as there are none in this county!). While weighing the reviews, I continued to read the thread and found valid criticisms overshadowed by idiotic remarks. A few people were saying that they disliked him because of his fans, which I've always thought to be rather juvenile. But instead of absorbing and forgetting like I often do, I flipped out and called everyone fat and told them to stop using dumb macros and memes.

Now I'm trying to figure out the other methods of getting me irate:

-Insult Kundera
-Insult the Czech Republic
-Call Classical music garbage
-Insult Demi Lovato, even though all of the negative things that can be said about her I agree with
-Have dumb preferences when it comes to choosing a mate, such as height, sexual experience, income, etc.
-Believe that someone's location is indicative of their character
-Not adding -ly to adverbs that need them
-Embrace a fault so much that you romanticize it and become self-aggrandizing about it (I'm so nerdy, ugh! I'm insane!)
-Call someone clever when they use sarcasm

One day, I'll be able to ignore all of these. Maybe when I'm 23?
Here's to hoping!

2 comments:

  1. Whenever someone says something or gives their opinion, before even considering it as valid I try to look at who they are. Usually it's some twice divorced balding loser who tells you about how to get women, or somebody with a broken down car teaching you about car maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you just describe Odum?

    ReplyDelete