06 November 2009

To be 17 again...

Even though I was rather dramatic, I think I miss the way I used to write back then. I wasn't so afraid of sounding cliche or being bothered by ordinary troubles. I never really said what I meant, but I didn't feel the need to be direct. Now I don't say much of anything, perhaps for fear of being misunderstood? Who knows.

As I go back through what I wrote, I don't miss all of the life-or-death situations (though the people in them, always) but maybe the feelings behind them.

What I'm really afraid of, I suppose, is looking back at what I was writing, doing at age twenty and just seeing...nothing.

:/

1 comment:

  1. start writing again. doesn't matter if you like it or not. just keep writing. something you'll like will appear eventually.

    ReplyDelete